Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the EntertainerDirectory.co.uk. By browsing and using this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- EntertainerDirectory.co.uk provides no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- The links to external websites provided by EntertainerDirectory.co.uk do not constitute an endorsement of the external websites or the services and products they provide. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). However, we do want to maintain a quality directory so please contact us if one of the sites in the directory is of low quality or has broken links, etc.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
In order to ensure only quality websites are submitted and listed in the EntertainerDirectory.co.uk, your website must comply with these Submission Rules. Our editors have the right to reject, block or remove from the directory any sites that do not follow these rules.
- We only accept the websites of professional entertainers, performers, agents and event organisers based in the UK.
- We only accept URLs, no IP addresses.
- Sites must be in English.
- Each site can only be listed once in a particular category, up to a maximum of four categories.
- Sites must be submitted to relevant categories.
Format of listings:
- The format of listings specified on the submission page must be strictly adhered to.
Sites may be rejected for the following reasons:
- If the information submitted is not in the format outlined on the submission page.
- If they have pop up/ pop under windows or any other technologies that interfere with viewing the main content of the site.
- If they are mirror sites that have the same content, but different URLs.
- If they are under construction or have broken links.
- If they redirect visitors to another site.
- If they consist of mainly affiliate links.
- If they appear to be created only for displaying AdSense advertisements or other similar advertisements.
- If they have poor design and a lot of advertisements.
- If a link back to this site is on an unsuitable page (i.e. a page that does not comply with any of these guidelines or is not search engine friendly).
- If the editors feel for any reason, that a site is not suitable for inclusion.
The following sites will be instantly rejected and banned from making future submissions:
- Sites containing or advertising any adult, pharmaceutical or drug related material.
- Sites containing or advertising any online gambling games or adverts for gambling houses.
- Sites containing libel, child pornography, or materials violating copyright laws.
- Sites promoting violence, hatred or fraud.
- Sites selling or advertising weapons, drugs and other illegal products.
- Sites linking to any of the above.
- Sites violating the terms of service of the major search engines - in particular Google's webmaster guidelines.
The editor's decision is final and we reserve the right to alter any information provided.
Payment is by PayPal only. The following conditions apply:
- Any fees are once only, there are no subscriptions or recurring fees.
- All correspondence regarding your listing will be by email.
- If your site is not accepted any fee paid will be refunded through PayPal.
- If, after being accepted and listed in the Directory, your site changes and no longer complies with the Submission Rules, you will be informed by email and your listing suspended. You then have two weeks to comply with the Submission Rules, or your listing will be deleted and you will have to pay to be listed again.
- Reciprocal links are automatically checked and if a reciprocal link is required but not found on your site, your listing will be suspended.
EntertainerDirectory.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
EntertainerDirectory.co.uk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from August 1st 2006.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the Information we Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
EntertainerDirectory.co.uk and its content is copyright “Dan Gifford: Impossible Entertainment” - © Dan Gifford: Impossible Entertainment 2006. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.